CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 15, 2010

I will get a dance at a wedding!!

Yes, that was one of the first things I thought upon learning that I had a son. At weddings, they typically have a father/daughter and mother/son dance, and I was excited to learn that I would get a dance! During pregnancy, I thought deep down it was a boy, but I really had no idea. Truth be told, I was terrified of having a boy (I still am a little). I am a girl, I have a girl, I know girls, I have girl parts; I don't know the slightest thing about raising a boy. Even though I have a brother, he's older than me, so it isn't like I watched him grow up the way I did my little sister. I mean, boys like bugs- bugs creep me out. Boys like to do tricks on bikes and get hurt- I'm a worry wart. Boys aren't emotional- I'm still crying from the video slideshow of Kadence I just watched. Thankfully, my husband is a boy, and he will help me figure out what to do when Gavin starts acting more like a boy. Actually, he already does. He eats more than Kadence did, and man, he's ravenous. Let's just say I'm having breastfeeding troubles like I never did with K. Also, he poops more, which I can pretty much guarantee is a "boy thing", at least in this house. While I'm a little scared about raising a boy, I am also more excited than I ever thought I could be. I just love looking at my little man. I love seeing Kadence interact with her "baby butter". I love knowing that someday, he's going to fall in love and get married, and I'll get a dance. I love having a SON!!

No comments: