CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 2, 2010

A year and a half!

Already? One year and six months have gone by? Tomorrow Kadence will be closer to 2 than she is to 1? This can't be true! I didn't realize how much I was in denial about this until tonight at walmart. I was looking for socks for her, and they only had ugly colored 18-36 month ones, so I thought I could get her the 12-18 month ones, you know, since she's just now 18 months...yea, they looked way too small. It just hit me, she's really not a "baby" anymore. Every day she can communicate more and more with us. She's starting to really protest when she has to do something she doesn't want to or can't do something she does want to do. It's crazy how fast time has gone by. And can I say, I love her more and more with each day that goes by. I mean, I thought I loved her as much as anyone could love anything when she was first born, but really, my love for her just grows and grows. I'm sitting here with happy tears as I read over the title of this post...in my head, I replaced "a year and a half" with 18 years, because I know that's coming. It will be like the blink of an eye, she'll be a beautiful, wise, compassionate, God fearing woman, and if I still know how to use a computer (because, you know, old people don't, hehe), I'll be writing about how I remember when she would "wing" her baby dolls outside in the swing. Eeek...gotta stop the tears, we have family pictures tomorrow!!!

No comments: