CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sad post

About 8 years ago, my step cousin buried her 2 year old daughter who had been hit by a car.
Last fall, a girl on a mommy message board I frequent lost her precious 15 month old son.
On February 8, 2010, a family mourned the loss of their 2 year old little girl, Layla Grace, after a long battle with Neuroblastoma.
Today, I read about an online friend who will likely lose her son, who is still in her womb, just 22 weeks old.

Every day, I am thankful for my family, but when I see and hear of things like this, I hug them a little tighter, I thank God a little longer, and I am reminded how precious this life is and how quickly things can change. My heart is aching for those who lose their children. My prayers are with those who have had to bury their babies. Tonight, I sit hear heavy hearted wondering why. With everything in me, I believe in God. I believe He loves us and has good plans for us. I cannot fathom why he allows these things. When I hear of these tragedies, I want to plug my ears and pretend everything is fine. It's been too much lately though, and I can't ignore it. I cannot ignore the fact that horrible things happen to people every day. I ask God why, but I have no answer. I'm not sure anyone does this side of eternity. I can rest somewhat knowing that these children are safe in the arms of my Heavenly Father, but how much comfort would that actually bring me if it were my child?

I have no point to this. I just needed somewhere to "put" my feelings. Hug your loved ones extra tight today...remember what a gift life is.

No comments: