CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Dear Gavin

Dear Gavin,

You, my son, mean the world to me. I am writing you on my blog because sadly, I have yet to get a journal to write you the way I have for your sister. Part of the delay is lack of time- even now, you're sleeping on me. Another reason I haven't written you yet is because I don't know if a boy will want to read love letters from his Mommy. I've decided that's too bad. If you get all embarrassed, then you can stop reading them. I'm hoping that you'll appreciate them one day though.

Your arrival has completed our family (unless God has other plans). You've also turned our world upside down, in a good way. You are the polar opposite of Kadence, so we've had to re-learn how to parent a newborn. One thing you guys have in common is how content you both are. I know some people complain how their kids just cry for no reason, for hours on end, but you rarely do that. You only really cry when you are hungry or overly tired. I'm so thankful to have happy babies.

You are so big!! You are barely 2 months old wearing 3-6 month clothing! Every time I do laundry, I find something else of yours that is too small. I had no idea I would end up with a big baby. You are getting cuter and cuter each day. It's so fun to watch you smile...I finally caught a smile on camera the other day...that was nearly an impossible task.

Gavin, I had no idea how happy I would be to have a son. To be honest, I felt a little scared of having a boy, but God knew I would be able to handle it. I am so thankful for you. You are my little man, my buddy, and I am looking forward to watching you grow and learn. Thank you for being my son.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: